The current PBA Commissioner's Cup Finals that pits the Talk 'N text Tropang Texters and the B-Meg Llamados have indeed revitalized the Philippine Basketball Association. The finals series is rating well and fans of both squads are flocking to game venues to give it a very festive feel. I am so happy that the PBA is becoming the center of talk and attention of Pinoy sports fans once again.
With no Azkals match and Manny Pacquiao fight on the schedule, the PBA Commissioner's Cup final is a sure blockbuster, indeed. So what is so special with this series?
1. Coaching - Tim Cone is in the finals for the first time after leaving his longtime post in Alaska Aces. He faces friend and rival Chot Reyes in an epic match-up of arguably the best PBA coaches in the last 20 years.
2. Rivalry storylines - It's San Miguel group vs. MVP, Cone vs. Reyes, Yap vs. Castro, Yancy vs. Ranidel
3. Alternating victories - No team has won 2 straight games so far in this series. Will it be different in Game 7???
4. Yap revival - James Yap has gotten back his high-scoring self in this series.
5. Castro emergence - Jason Castro is showing that he is a future MVP of this league.
6. Soaring ratings and crowd - Game 6 was watched by over 20,000 people.
The Commissioner's office cannot wish for a better ending i guess unless this series will be down to the last shot (which could happen). I am sure many players would wish that they would be playing in one of the most anticipated PBA games in years. Many people will surely bet tens, hundreds, and probably millions of pesos for game 7.
Who would win? It is too close to call for me. One thing's sure though, I will be glued to my TV set come Sunday. How about you, what do you think?
Texter's win Game 6
PBA Finals drew big ratings
If I were a PBA fan, I would definitely...